Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26, 2017: Emails for Mom & Dad

Email for Mom

1720 W. Plato Rd., Apt. 208
Duncan, OK 73533

Getting back to Duncan has been awesome! I got an awesome welcome back from the ward and there are some longtime investigators I plan on getting baptized before I leave. Elder D. is an awesome guy and we'll definitely see some miracles this transfer. He's had great companions, great experience from his area, and knows what things he needs to learn. It looks like there's a lot of work here, too.

I don't have too much to report this week. We've found plenty of potentials and have received a good number of referrals.

Havasupai looks beautiful, and thanks for the Mayan ruin pictures! Those were really cool!

That trail Nathan and Joshua went up reminds me of the "Stairs" [of Cirith Ungol] from the Lord of the Rings. I'm way impressed that Joshua conquered that.

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice


Email for Dad 1

That's awesome news about your ankle! And not so awesome about that other ankle. I'm impressed, though, that he walked three miles on that. And way cool that Nathan got to do the blessing. Yeah, Nathan’s pretty much ready for a mission. Is that his first blessing given?

OK, so I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to focus on email writing and can't seem to bring myself to write anything meaningful. Is that just an end of mission thing? I'm not distracted or anything. I'm just not sure what to write.

Love you, Dad. Keep working that ankle and staying healthy!

Elder Rice


Email for Dad 2

OK, I have a brief second to be back on.

All right, all right. I'm just not a good letter writer because a good number of the experiences I have I just don't think anyone is going to really get and I don't want to reuse material from one letter to another too much. You'll see some amazing writing prolifery! Just wait!

Love you, Dad.
Elder Rice