Monday, May 15, 2017

May 8, 2017: Emails for Dad & Mom

Email for Dad

Just wanted to let you know, I'm staying in Indian Springs! With how the work has been turning, I'm really glad I'm getting to stay, because I wouldn't be surprised to see another baptism before they move me. Rest assured, I'm not trunky. We've been working hard and this transfer has been the fastest of my whole mission. I will keep self-aware so that I don't get that way, though. Honestly, the closer I get to the end, though, the more intimidating going home is seeming.

Love you, Dad,
Elder Rice


Email for Mom

Got the call about transfers. I'm getting to stay in Broken Arrow! I don't know what we're doing for the Mother’s Day skype yet.

It seems like a lot of our investigators are out this week. It's a legitimate out-of-town and not them just brushing us off, so that's a nice comfort. And knowing I'll get to see them when they come back is pretty awesome.

This last week we had a TON of less actives come to church out of the blue. Well, we'd been working with them, but didn't think they'd be quite to that point yet, but I guess God knew better. The best part is they are mostly part-member families, and their spouses participated a ton in the lessons!

We've got lunch with investigators coming quick here, but just want to say that I love you, Mom. Thank you for being so patient and raising us in the Gospel. With some of our younger investigators, I can see how much of a difference it makes in their lives and improves their future.

Elder Rice