Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017: Emails for Family & Mom

Email 1: E. and R.

So the baptism went pretty well this week! We got everyone we needed, and I got to put together a talk on the Holy Ghost. We had Elder M. baptize R., and E.'s grandpa baptized him. Kind of got intense when the bishop announced that our mission president was sitting in the audience, but everything went smoothly.




Email 2: A Little Underdone

I accidently clicked the send button before I was done, here's some more photos and the rest of my email.



Interesting thing happened on their confirmation day. The bishopric was released! All of them bore their testimonies and congratulated E. and R. on their decision.

A member made the most amazing pancakes last week for dinner—bacon and cheese pancakes! I highly recommend them.

So I've heard multiple different answers about the length of a tie! It doesn't help when I see other missionaries with the varying lengths, either. So I just shoot for the tie to at least touch the buckle and to not go down past it.

Love you!
Elder Rice


Email 3 for Mom

Looks like Nathan took a good photo [for mission papers]! Sister Mansell was just saying the other day that that's the picture that the General Authorities see, shows up for you on your missionary portal, and a few other things that I can't remember. She retook all the missionaries’ pictures, because there were quite a few weird ones.

I don't have much to add that wasn't in that other email. The baptism was amazing and afterward we had interviews with the mission president. He mentioned to me it would be interesting if I used my story skills in teaching situations.

Here's my only other picture. It’s of me and a member and a gigantic apple.


Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice