Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 27, 2017: Email to Mom

Got transfer doctrine at 10:33 p.m. last night. I'm staying in Indian Springs! I'm excited, but I've also got the kind of “left behind” feeling going on. I'll have Elder M. Smith (one of five Smiths [in the mission]) as my new companion. He's been my zone leader before, so that'll be cool to work with him again.

Paintball was super fun! It definitely hurt, though. I would've considered wearing a little more protection, except for it being really stinking hot that day. It was fine, though. We played a capture-the-flag-type game and some normal team vs. team. It's definitely a funny change going straight from having Nerf wars banned to playing paintball. President Mansell just had shoulder surgery and he still jumped in.

Just a little while ago, one of our part-member families took us out to a hibachi grill called Osaka. The sushi was AMAZING! It's definitely different from any that I've tried before. Our server was pretty funny with his whole cooking routine. I'm definitely grateful for the amazing members of this ward and the kind people in the area.

Missionary work was pretty normal this week. S. is still progressing and has found tons of good friends in the ward.

Love you, Mom.
Elder Rice

I don't think I mentioned, but we did this on some past p-day. It's called “Flying T” and it’s pretty much the same thing as Top Golf.


Some guy's amazing gun collection (tracted into him)


[Paintball injury] Definitely looks better that it did earlier.