Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017: Emails for Mom & Dad

Email for Mom
I'll definitely be studying how President Monson goes about his story telling, because I'm trying to figure out exactly what situations call for it and how I can use stories while still having my companion be able to teach. Right now, I'm just using a lot of analogies.

Speaking of object lessons, we've been doing a bunch for a family in the ward with young kids for the dinner message and I've run out. We've done one with matches in a glass cup that sucks in water. We've done the baptism one with the pepper in water and dish soap on a Q-tip. We've done the three knives on the three cups. I won't go into too much detail with the lessons that go along with, but the whole family loves the lesson/science experiment lesson. If you or anyone else knows of a cool one or maybe an interesting experiment we could put a lesson to, let me know please!

E. and R. are both integrating into their wards perfectly. I'm confident they'll be lasting members and we'll continue with the new member lessons, and with Ethan driving his sister to church, I think she might recommit to baptism. It's looking like we've got another baptism lining up as well with another investigator, S. He's 9 and has been coming to church with a member and loves it! He's been asking about baptism for a while and his mom gave the go ahead for him. He's super pumped, but we're also being careful that he knows what he's getting into. He seems to know quite a bit though.

Almost forgot! Thanks for the package, Mom! It was awesome/interesting. The seaweed stuff was a weird, kind of good, snack. The guava juice was delicious! Still haven't made the noodles yet, but I'm planning on it today. The olives exploded in the package, but everything else was fairly intact, just smelled a little olive-y.

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice


Email to Dad

Well, I'm glad your [sore] throat isn't anything serious. Being here in Oklahoma has been awesome, but it's making me paranoid about illnesses. It seems like everyone goes in for a cough and then it turns out they have cancer in their face spreading to their eyes. It also might just be that it's kind of an old ward here in Broken Arrow.

So, I got a checkup at the dentist. Only one small cavity and I've got it filled already. Pretty good, since this is the first visit on the mission. The Listerine anti-cavity mouth wash really works.

28 seconds!

Love you, Dad! My comp is ready to leave.

Elder Rice