Thursday, February 9, 2017

January 30, 2017: Emails to Mom & Dad

Email for Mom

Whoa! Tabernacle Choir? I thought it'd be a while longer before you tried out. I didn't know there was a music theory test. How intense are the try outs? What other tests are there?

Here's some pictures from this week:


Joe Bray


Zone temple day!



This guy came out with us for most of our time in Haskell, our furthest corner of our area. He was baptized a few months earlier and he came and asked when he could go out with us!

More to come ...

So the daily schedule for was changed by Salt Lake [Church headquarters]. We have planning in the morning instead of the evening, and lunch was reduced from an hour to 30 minutes. They're letting us determine when during the day we want to have personal and companionship study. All dinners should be at 5 p.m. if possible.

Tracting has run a little dry (excepting the past two days), but we've gotten a few referrals, all leading to new investigators! I've definitely been able to see how we can't do this work without the Lord. Plans fell through a lot this week and yet we always managed to have the most productive time at those points where the plans failed. The disappointments never outweigh the miracles and blessings.

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice




One of the less actives we met had 14 four-wheelers. Here's a few.






Email for Dad

I don't have more than a minute left on the computer timer, but I just wanted to say I love you. Thanks for the emails and council. The mission is doing another obedience focus, so we're all trying to figure out what to lay on the “altar of sacrifice.” Sorry the emails have been sparse. I've been pretty slow at emailing and I miss emailing quite a few. I'll set a better order to who I respond to first.

Elder Rice


One More Thing

President Mansell is setting up a day half way through my last transfer to send missionaries home early if they need it for schooling. I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure. I had my plan set that I was going to go the full allotted time, but after President called, I'm thinking it over again.