Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January 2, 2017: Broken Arrow

I have arrived in Indian Springs ward! We live in Broken Arrow and share the town with three other areas. Our area includes Coweta and Haskell. I don't know if there's anything else we have yet. My new companion turned out not to be Elder L., but got changed last second to Elder M. He's pretty cool. Very new for sure, so we'll be doing a lot of teaching practice, but he's got a lot of drive, so he'll be great. He went to a few years of school before he came out, so he's my age. He played a lot of tennis and likes to ride dirt bikes.

Thanks SO much for all the Christmas gifts. I loved the drawings, too! I heard that I'm getting a late package or something? Something from Joshua? Maybe I'm wrong, but if you all want, this is my new mailing address: [ed., contact Merrijane for address].

It's pretty crazy right now. Everyone is shot-gunning the area. We're not keeping any of the Arkansas missionaries, so we've just been in this "tripanionship" so they can hand off the area to us. The missionaries here used to cover two wards, so they're splitting up to show our two companionships the area.

Well, there aren't too many story worthy things going on, but things are looking exciting here. We came in and there are all ready three solid baptismal dates (one not so solid one included)!

Hope I get to here from people next week.

Love,
Elder Rice