Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 7, 2016: Email to Mom

Got the package! I'm guessing that with all the pencils and paper I'm getting, I should probably do something with them. I'm pretty proud of myself, because I normally don't control my candy intake too well when I have it, but this time I've limited myself to two or three pieces a day. I guess the Word of Wisdom lesson got pretty well ingrained from having to teach it so much.

This last week was pretty solid! We've been trying to schedule appointments two days or so apart with each of our investigators and it's made it easier to help with Word of Wisdom issues and just keeping things fresh in their minds. T. is still making the climb and we're looking at a baptism date in early December.

So President Mansell has cut out all STMs because we're having a zone conference every transfer. He's also approved movies like The Best Two Years and other LDS-spiritual-churchy movies to be watched ONLY on holidays (probably just Christmas, Halloween, and maybe New Year’s). He's also allowing us to write letters to family during lunch (which was apparently not allowed previous). Lots of big changes. It's cool, but a little weird at the same time.

Broke out the coats yesterday. It's finally a little chilly.

I'm glad we don't have to deal with too much of a religious mix. [This comment is in response to a story I told him about the religious diversity of my mission.] Most people here are Christian. The only thing we've got to deal with is people thinking we're of the devil, but sometimes they go off on Muslims or Catholics instead. We just try to stay out of the religious battle, because I've seen too many people turned off from a church because they badmouthed some other group.

Love you, Mom! Thanks again for the package. I'll have to think over the Christmas one. Probably more drawings from everybody.

Elder Ric