Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 28, 2016: Emails for Mom & Dad

Email for Mom

I don't know what's up with the seven-week transfer thing. It's still too far out and no one around me seems to know. I'll email President Mansell and see what's up. [Question about whether Parker's mission time will be extended two weeks.]

I've seen these little marble Christus statues around. If it’s not pricey, that would be cool [for Christmas]. I'm still trying to think of good ideas. I actually started the grocery list writing thing already because I was tired of going and forgetting. I'll be doing the same for the Christmas package.

Elder J. is pretty cool [new companion]. He's a hard worker and is big into America, the Constitution, and the Marines. He's looking to go into it after the mission. We're getting in pretty good shape too, as all four of us are getting up at 5:45 to exercise. Not having really any problems so far. He's a little stressed about a shoulder injury he's got. It got worked on, but it's been acting up lately, so we're hoping it's nothing serious. Gotta get it checked on Tuesday.

We had five Thanksgiving dinners over three days and have leftovers for at least a week. Never been so full in my life. Kind of a good and unpleasant experience at the same time.

Abravanel Hall sounds like it was a blast! I don't know what a [Messiah] Sing-In is, though. I figure it's one of those sight-read only singing deals. Maybe sometime I'll get that, but for now, I just listen for the base part playing and try my best to follow.

Missionary work has been pretty solid so far. Picked up seven new investigators, all of them wonderful people with pretty solid commitment to actually try out what we're teaching them. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, though. It's been a good start to this transfer. I've got high hopes.

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice


Email for Dad

Weird [referring to the predatory tower that stole Jason's car]. You'd think that you'd have to be warned about these parking spots for them to tow you away. Kind of lame, but I guess if they can live with it. Sounds like your business trip was a pretty awesome adventure!

I hope you'll get everyone at home to take a look at the church video "Light the World." It's definitely something I'm getting excited for coming up here. I think it'll be a good thing to keep the right spirit this year. We're using it a lot in missionary work as well.

Love you, Dad!
Elder Rice