Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 14, 2016: Email to Mom

Yeah, five years ago if anyone told me that Donald Trump would be president, I’d have laughed. (I guess, assuming I even knew who he was or cared.) We've met a lot of people who are associating the "sounding of a trump" in the scriptures [1 Corinthians 15:52] with our new president, saying it’s a sign the end is near.

I did get my bank card, and I cut up my other one into little bits and put those bits in several different trash cans. I don't know if that was a necessary step, but I did it anyway. My absentee ballot got to me a day too late. I filled it out, then saw the send by date on the envelope. That's fine, though. I wasn't too concerned.

Things have been going well, but our bikes have been really suffering. I popped my front tire on I don't know what. Elder H. had his left crank arm wear out on him twice, and the front tire of the bike he borrowed had the front tire spontaneously blow up without him even touching it, and I somehow popped Elder R.'s front tire without even going off road or hitting anything (to my knowledge).

We did, however, talk to TONS of people on the way walking to our far distant appointments and quite a few invited us back. It seemed like there was an unusual amount of people who just left their front doors open.

T. is now able to come to church as well! We're trying to help her to baptism around early to mid-December.

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice