Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 24, 2016: Emails to Mom & Nathan

How did Nathan get his hand cut?! Was he trying to stop the blade or something? Those were some gnarly looking pictures. I'm glad they were small photos. (Nathan sent me the super detailed ones, though.)

I haven't opened the package yet (actually I don't know if I have it yet), but thanks, Mom! I love you!

So A. is now making some really good progress. He's been cutting down his smoking and now we're cutting down from a pack a day slowly until his wedding day. By then, he'll be ready. He's really itching to join the Church, actually. He's been really awesome in coming every week. He's even got his dad watching the BYUtv channel, and everyone in his house cut down from an average of five packs [cumulatively] to only one a day!

T. has had crazy amounts of work lately (working at Walmart), but she's reading and praying. Her schedule this next week though is pretty free and clear!

This week we had two families come and ask us to help them teach their kids. J. and N. and M. and B. all have kind of fallen away from churches, not thinking they were necessary. But recently they've found out that their kids don't really know who God or Jesus is. As we've been teaching them, they've become REALLY interested in the Church. The best kind of miracles!

I've seen how true that quote is out here. It seems like the more relaxed and distanced a person is from religion, the worse their life is and the more bitter they become. There are rare exceptions, but for the most part ...

We have an STM today, so I'll have to be short.

Love you, Mom!


To: Nathan Rice
Subject: OUCH


Well, I hope you know not to do that again. I don't have a ton of time to email, but I just wanted to say that I love you, your finger looks gross, and I hope you're ACT went well. Maybe you gain ambidexterity by the time it's all over!

I don't know what pain pills you're on, but please be VERY careful. I've met a pretty good number of people with lives destroyed by prescription pill addiction.

Yessss! Use the Sympathy, Nathan! Hope you feel better. When I heard you cut your finger nearly off I freaked out. Next time don't touch the sharp dangerous pointy end of the power tool, please. I really like your Mr. Fox drawing, too, by the way.

Love,
Elder Rice