Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016: Finally

Well, it's been crazy and is about to get a lot crazier. We were out on bikes tracting and ran into  the Edmond 2nd [elders], who had accidentally wandered into our area. When we sorted everything out, we gained four new investigators, one with a baptismal date. They also suggested a few streets and we tracted those. Three more amazing potentials. We must have been directed to bike out that far, because biking in 105+ degrees with 90% and up humidity has been very ... character building. We just got asked to give talks this next Sunday on modern day miracles through missionary work as well, so we've got some preparing to do. Also, the final check up x-ray for my leg is this Wednesday. I've been running and biking on it without pain for quite a while now, so I think I'm back to normal.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! It sounds like Dad had a crazy awesome camping trip! I'd be pretty well done with camping for a while, too. Thank you for loving us enough to desire growth. I never thought you needed to do much, but it seems like you're a lot happier for it. I hope I can do the same when I get to being a parent. Thanks for being patient with us and your example of selflessness in service. I hope that you know that we (brothers and Mom) all love you and how important you are to us. Hope you had a good one. Also, if it's OK, it would be cool to hear the story that made you guys laugh so hard.

Just got the OK from President Walkenhorst for having a meal with J. and T.! We'll give them the heads up. Also, President and Sister Walkenhorst are going home sometime this week, if that hasn't been spread around yet. We're definitely going to miss them, but I'm sure they're ready to rest for a little while.

I'm sure there's something else I wanted to say, but maybe I'll remember it while emailing someone else.

Love you guys.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Elder Rice

Mom's email:

Yeah, I don't know why, but STMs have always been on p-day out here. Not sure if it's a mission policy or not.

I don't know what Elder A. put in his letter to you guys, so when you quote from it, it's all new to me.
Seems like Nathan's doing a pretty good job with the face paint thing. That would be an awesome job to do. I hope he enjoys it.

Thanks for the package! I shared most of it with the other elders, but I made sure to keep the Kit Kat. I've got some random junk that I think you guys might like as well, one being a 1976 and 77 Ensign. I also figured out how I'm getting the bike home thanks to Elder M. Don't have to worry about that for awhile.

The work out here is great! I feel like we're finally pulling Edmond out of it's slowness. It's not been much on the part of us. All we do is stay ready for when these opportunities finally come along.

Two families that Elder L. and I taught pretty extensively got baptized over these past two weeks. I wish I could've been there, but if the baptism is with an investigator from a previous area and its been a full transfer since we left, we're not supposed to go back. I know they're doing awesome, though.

Love,
Elder Rice