Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16, 2016: Email for Mom

Disney Infinity died?! That's crazy! That kind of stinks.

We got a bunch of referrals for new investigators this week, and three of the less-active members that we were working with are officially active now. So lots of good this week, but no crazy stories.

Last night Elder A. and I both dreamt that he got bit by a snake, so we'll have to see if he survives the week. Also, Elder A. made this bet that I was going to get a package as we drove back and that it would have the fortune cookies in it, and that I would have to call him prophet if he got it right. I didn't think it would happen, but I said that he'd get a package with at least one cookie in it, and then he'd have to do the same to me. Oddly enough, he actually did get an entire package full of homemade cookies.

That's interesting that Jacob is so good at reading directions. I wouldn't have guessed it. That'll be awesome for him in school!

L. is like a rehash of the whole experience with Sister T. (who's still doing well from last I heard in Shawnee). He's pretty well determined to get baptized and already has awesome fellowship in the ward, but he's reading all the low-key anti-Mormon histories. We're more prepared for it this time. He's actually giving the Book of Mormon a really good read through. I just don't think he's quite yet willing to accept any prophets after Joseph Smith, and he's not quite a fan of the Word of Wisdom. He's willing to give it a try, though. Pray for L.!

I brought all my camera cords this week and it turned out that none of them were the right one.

... Just kidding, here's some photos:

Me and Elder A. 
Me and Elder A.

Before lightning storm at 7:30 p.m.

Lightning strike during the 7:30 p.m. storm

Tornado Weather

Some high-wind damage (not tornado damage)

Love you, Mom!
Elder Rice