Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 25, 2016: Looking Up

It's been pretty slow in Edmond for a while. Up until this week, things were slowly getting better. Then all of the sudden, we have things to do. We got a referral for a man named L. He's about 60 and has a sweet Boston accent. He's had a really good experience with the LDS church in Blackfoot, Idaho, but also a bad one in Pocatello. He's really open to converting and came to church with his daughter this last Sunday. He gave Elder A. a crazy looking sports coat, and because he didn't have anything my size, I got a cactus. Yeah.

L. and F. from Shawnee made a baptism date a few weeks ago.

We also got to go on splits with Brothers A. and G. They're both way awesome and we did a little home teaching with them. Sister A. is on track for temple marriage!

This week we plan on following up with Brother R.'s list of less actives. If this goes like I hope it will, they'll come to church and maybe they'll have non member friends we could teach! We'll have to see.

I'll get back to you on the plans for Mother's day. No one's said anything yet.

So, what's Dad going to be doing in Philadelphia? Also, didn't get a reply from J. I just want to make sure she got it.

Thanks for the advice, Dad. I don't always know what I need to hear, so sometimes I'm glad to get some instruction. I haven't had much homesickness though. I've [heard] there's a "wall" at the year mark though, so I'll keep it in mind.

So our unusually long transfer just ended (seven weeks long). They say this will actually set my mission a week longer (woot!). I hope that doesn't adversely effect anything.

Love,
Elder Rice