Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016: Transfer Doctrine

I'm outta Shawnee.

Dang it.

But it's all good. I'm going to Edmond 1st Ward, where I hear many good things are going on. My new companion will be Elder A., who had been in our district for three of my six months out here, so this will be cool. Shawnee is pretty much set for Elder L. to train his new companion (this is his second "son"). I'm pretty happy about that because when I got here, it seemed that nothing was going on, and that's not the most enjoyable way to start.

Yep, six months out here in Oklahoma. Lucky for me, time seems to be moving pretty normally (except for this last transfer). Hopefully it stays this slow.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well, except for the homework ... I can't say anything about that without being hypocritical but

>:T

M. is an investigator again! We dropped by randomly one night and she just happened to be home. We had originally dropped her because she was working two jobs and wasn't home ever, and would not keep commitments. Now that her cousin has moved out, she hasn't had to do near as much work. She said she's been really wanting to get back into church and has seen the difference between where she was and where she is now. When someone isn't ready, drop them, record them in the area book, and revisit them. They'll be ready at one time or another.

So, the sisters found while they were out tracting one of the "potentials" we were really trying to get in touch with that we left the Book of Mormon with. She seemed to be avoiding us, from our perspective. But when she talked to the sisters, she told about how she had actually just recently finished the Book of Mormon in the space of about four weeks and said it made a lot of sense. She had her old phone busted so she couldn't contact us.

Joshua and Jacob, stop picking at each other.

Love,
Elder Rice

Shawnee North and South