Monday, February 22, 2016

February 15, 2016: Improvement

[Resent on Feb. 21 after a server problem interfered with delivery.]
This weekend there were 20 baptisms in the mission, Sister T. being one of them! She's so excited to get to the temple and do work there for her family! It was sort of an (I hope this is the right word) unconventional baptism, but that's the charm of Shawnee.

Well, we were able to bring one of our investigators and the bishop gave a few thoughts on missionary work. I have to say, all the members there got stoked for member missionary work. I know I'm excited to help another investigator get there. There are two that are fairly close, M. and N. N. was the investigator that came and I think he's pretty well on his way.

The changes this work makes in people are so obvious when you're there from start to baptism (too soon to say about after). I guess that's what I'm excited about. This gospel makes people happy when they act on it, and is the only source of lasting happiness.

I think I've gained a real appreciation for the temple. I don't know why, but before I just didn't get the purpose of the endowment. I wish that we could have stayed longer, to really actually enjoy the trip.

Thanks for the package! I definitely enjoyed all the drawings on the package. I'm not sure who it is that requested "game ideas" or specifically what kind of game they were talking about, so some clarification is needed. It's actually better that I cook it [brownie mix] here. That way it'll be fresh.

We just got a boatload of candy and everyone seems to think I can handle massive amounts of candy, so they dump the excess on me. I think I have about the same amount of candy that I would get at Halloween.

We'll keep C. in our prayers.

As to the weather out here, it's been pretty fair. I can't believe it's February.

Love,
Elder Rice