Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015: Re: Email from Mom

All right, first, I do have sheets. Elder M. left me his and I’m going to wash them. Second, I’m not sure what our address is. I’ve gotten those Bang! cards though, so it must’ve worked at least twice. I’ll check and make sure what the address is though.

You’ll be glad to know that I’m finding time to practice the piano out here, so I’ll be playing the hymns in no time. I’ve got hymns 116 and 142 down (but I already sort of knew those) and I’m working on 155.

That discussion with the lady was pretty rough. Sister L. said the spirit was definitely strong and speaking out, but I think that it might have been saying, “ELDER RICE NEEDS HELP!” It’s a lot better to teach with members, is all I have to say. The rest of exchanges went pretty well. Elder B. and I committed two more people to baptism, a wife and son, and the less-active husband to getting the Aaronic priesthood to baptize his family.

Larry has cut down his whole-pack-a-day (20 cigs) to only six cigarettes a day. He’s looking so much healthier and he’s definitely happier than we’ve ever seen him.

Poor Inigo. Why does he have to be so sick all the time? I hope he can get over all of this.

It’s awesome you got to go out to St. George. Sounds like it was fun. Sister C. reminded us to always be thankful for moms and take every opportunity to say it. Thanks, Mom, for teaching me so well about the gospel and doing your best in keeping me on the path. I’d not be out here if it weren’t for that, and I wouldn’t be getting all the blessings I am now. Love you, Mom.

Love,
Elder Rice