Sunday, November 15, 2015

Email to Nathan

I’m not sure why I didn’t include these in the group email, but here you go.

Well, we had to drop J. as an investigator. He’s been too affected by drugs and every time he’s on Xanax he starts trying to prophesy to us and just wants to bible bash (which is interesting considering he doesn't care much for words “written and misconstrued by man” and doesn’t like large portions of the bible). We just thanked him for his time and asked that if he felt like hearing our message, he could call us. He was a nice guy besides.

Also, during exchanges a guy who wanted to bible bash with us swerved out of traffic and in front of a bunch of cars to tell me that I prayed to Adam and that the devil led us. We let him know our beliefs, left him with a Book of Mormon, and asked him to read and pray about it. We thanked him for taking the time to come and share with us his beliefs and praised his faith in Christ. He stood frozen (looking a little unsettled) and we rode away on our bikes. Sometimes turning the other cheek gets the best reaction.

I heard you guys got Over the Garden Wall on DVD. You guys are going to have to watch that for me while I’m gone. I forgot I was going to miss that this year.

I haven’t met Mrs. A., but everybody else I know. Your new digital media teacher surpasses my expectations. I hope you learn a lot from him. I’m excited to see what you can do when I come back. I hope I’ll be able to pick it back up enough to be able to work on a game with you. I’m all ready a ton more self motivated than when I left. Enough “trunky” talk.

There are opportunities everywhere to meet new and interesting people. Extend yourself and make new friends and learn about new things for me this year. I’m running out of time to email, so tell Joshua and Jacob “hi” and I love and miss them, too. Hug Inigo for me. I’m glad to be out here serving the Lord and hope that all of you will be courageous in making the same decision.

Love,
Elder Rice