Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015: My Emails

Has anyone been getting my emails?! All I’m getting sent is “Why won’t you respond to my emails? Send me emails!” I have responded to everyone, even if my email has been a little short due to time. I sent an email Tuesday to make up for Monday.

This was kind of a slow week. We only got one new investigator after tracting and had to spend the rest of the week with service. I love service, but I’m also looking at our records and thinking that we’re not making much progress in bringing people to Christ.

I heard about BYU’s loss before sacrament meeting. That really stinks. I still haven’t seen Mrs. S. out here. I really like Mom’s poem. I haven’t checked out the links yet, but I’ll get to it. I wish I could have been on that camp out. It sounds like from Dad and Joshua that it was a ton of fun. By the way, Joshua, you can’t have my ring or any of the other things you asked for.

Does anyone know about a food or spice that makes anything smoked (in particular, ribs) or just smoke in general smell really gross for the entire day? We had a meal with one of our nicest members and it was a little odd-flavored. The other elders seemed fine, so maybe it was just me struggling.

The people out here are some of the nicest I’ve met. They’re all really talkative, too. It’s rare that anyone will be rude enough to slam the door in your face. It’s great how many people out here have religion, but at the same time, they don’t want to change. They’re a pretty satisfied people and, even if trouble hits them really hard, they won’t care so long as they have the little things they live for. It makes it hard to help them. The portion of them that smoke (which is actually fairly high) don’t have motivation enough to stop. I guess I might be exaggerating a little. I’m mostly in Shawnee in a part not as well off as the others and I visit mostly with investigators.

Man, I keep saying I’ll send pictures but I always forget to bring my camera. I’ll get some here next week.

If Mom wants me to send emails specifically to her, I need to know how, because she said she just wants me to send them here where you can both get to them. This letter is to everyone at home.

Love,
Elder Rice

P.S. Card games are allowed out here and some of the other elders want to play Bang! Could you send a deck to us?